Sunday, January 10, 2010 5:26 PM bart

2010 – A Personal Change: putting my “Head In The Cloud”

Slightly over two years after arriving here in Redmond to work on the WPF team, time has come for me to make a switch and pursue other opportunities within the company. Starting January 13th, I’ll be working on the SQL Cloud Data Programmability Team on various projects related to democratizing the cloud. While we have much more rabbits sitting in our magician hats, Rx is the first big deliverable we’re working on.

For my blog, there won’t be much change as I’ve always written on topics related to what I’ll be working on: language innovation, data access, LINQ, type systems, lambda fun, etc. I’m planning to stay committed to blogging and other evangelism activities, including speaking engagements from time to time, so feel free to ping me if I’m in your proximity (or if you’re visiting our campus). Next up and confirmed are TechDays “low lands” in Belgium and the Netherlands, end of March.

Needless to say, I’m thrilled to have this opportunity of working together with a relatively small group of smart and passionate people, on the things I’d spend all my free time on anyway. Having this one-to-one alignment between day-to-day professional activities at work and all sorts of free time hacking projects is like a dream coming true. Thanks Danny, Erik, Jeffrey, Mark and Wes for taking me on board.

Expect to see more Rx blogging love over here, and watch out for more goodness to come your way in the foreseeable future. In the meantime, check out the following resources on the matter:

Please keep the feedback on Rx coming: help us, help you!

Del.icio.us | Digg It | Technorati | Blinklist | Furl | reddit | DotNetKicks

Filed under: , ,

Comments

# re: 2010 – A Personal Change: putting my “Head In The Cloud”

Sunday, January 10, 2010 9:50 PM by Tom Kirby-Green

Hey congratulations man! I noticed during your PDC 09 WPF Performance talk you mentioned in passing that 'composition' was at the centre of the things dear to your hear - so the move to Erik's group seems like a natural for you. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts in the near future now you'll be composing full time :-)

# re: 2010 – A Personal Change: putting my “Head In The Cloud”

Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:12 PM by Jef Claes

Good luck!

# re: 2010 – A Personal Change: putting my “Head In The Cloud”

Monday, January 11, 2010 2:39 AM by Anders Borum

Hi Bart,

congratulations on the switch! And thanks for taking the time to respond to respond to e-mails on expression tree translation and thoughts in general. I've followed your really interesting blog for a long time and I'm looking forward to seing what the new influence is going to bring us.

# re: 2010 – A Personal Change: putting my “Head In The Cloud”

Monday, January 11, 2010 9:07 AM by Anthony

enjoy walking with other giants!!

# System.Reactive IScheduler “Hello World” | Jason Rowe

Monday, February 08, 2010 6:50 PM by System.Reactive IScheduler “Hello World” | Jason Rowe

Pingback from  System.Reactive IScheduler “Hello World” | Jason Rowe